- HEART DISEASE: Aerobic exercise can improve heart muscle strength and endurance as well as aiding in weight loss and lowering blood pressure.
- DIABETES: Regular exercise can help insulin more effectively lower blood sugar levels, control weight, and boost energy.
- ASTHMA: Exercise has been reported to stabilize asthma by reducing the frequency and severity of attacks.
- BACK PAIN: Regular low-impact aerobic exercise increases the strength and endurance of the deep spinal muscles that help maintain an upright posture. In addition, the compressive forces on the spine from running or walking help to draw nutrients into the spinal disks, keeping them hydrated and healthy.
- ARTHRITIS: In general, exercise of all types can reduce arthritis-generated pain and improve joint mobility.
- CANCER: Several studies show that engaging in exercise while undergoing cancer treatment may reduce fatigue and improve outcomes.
- PARKINSON’S DISEASE: Tai Chi, boxing (without head contact), and dancing have been reported to reduce both the physical and cognitive impairments associated with Parkinson’s disease.
- DEMENTIA: Researchers have observed that engaging in exercise can improve blood flow to the brain, which can provide cognitive benefits. It’s also suggested that exercise may slow cognitive decline and even keep mild-cognitive impairment from progressing to dementia.
Of course, consult with your healthcare provider before starting any exercise program to assess your current fitness level and to identify any issues that may indicate a different form of physical activity may work better for your unique situation. If you have aches and pains, your doctor of chiropractic can also provide treatment to help restore normal joint motion and show you stretches you can do at home before and after your workout to reduce the risk of injury as you engage in a new fitness routine.
Thousands of Doctors of Chiropractic across the United States and Canada have taken “The ChiroTrust Pledge”:“To the best of my ability, I agree to
provide my patients convenient, affordable,
and mainstream Chiropractic care.
I will not use unnecessary long-term
treatment plans and/or therapies.”
To locate a Doctor of Chiropractic who has taken The ChiroTrust Pledge, google “The ChiroTrust Pledge” and the name of a town in quotes.
(example: “ChiroTrust Pledge” “Olympia, WA”)